We are searching for an enthusiastic event manager with a “can-do” attitude to assist our organization in hosting events that enhance our client memberships value and improve client loyalty. The event manager will be tasked with researching and securing venues, planning, and managing our events’ calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, monitoring timeframes and budgets, and delivering on event brief objectives. Your creativity, organizational skills, and vision will assist our organization in amplifying brand visibility, enhancing client and employee relations, and improve our organization’s growth through events that effectively communicate business strategy and brand personality. Event coordinator will report to the VP of Client Development and be overseen by specific Executive Directors.
The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time-management. The noteworthy Event Manager should reinforce client-to-business relations and effectively deliver on event objectives.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
- Handling budgeting and invoicing.
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors.
- Fulfilling sponsorship agreements.
- Handling logistics.
- Speaker coordination.
- Sponsor coordination.
- Updating Executive Directors.
- Developing event feedback surveys.
- Obtaining permits.
- Obtaining Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) specific to association.
- Attending and executing events.
- Handling post-event reports.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks
- Project management experience managing multiple events and projects simultaneously .
- Task and operationally minded that possesses good time management and can meet scheduled goals and deadlines.
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, pride in work
- Great team leader: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Office suite and QuickBooks, and/or InDesign,
- Expert interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience (experience in direct event planning of at least 2 years )
- Benefits include 401k, life insurance, disability insurance, health, and dental
WORKING AT AMI:
AMI is located in Gig Harbor WA and does require in-office work (hybrid position). We have a hardworking, dedicated team of professionals who participate in the hiring process. Prior to Interview, interested parties will be asked to complete a questionnaire about their preferred work atmosphere.
Finalists may be asked to take an assessment evaluation and receive a background check.